Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"...I Will Not Doubt You, With the Passing Of Time"

Hello to all! Happy Wednesday! Today is Wednesday, the 13th of February in the year 2013. That means only a few minutes until my favorite holiday, Valentine's Day! We have big plans for Valentine's Day in Korea, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out! 

Today was a rather boring day. Sadly, we just had lecture after lecture. It almost felt like a review of my college classes but all smooshed into a nice ten hour period. We learned about how to use Songs and Chants in the classroom, Teaching Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing and also how to create lesson plans. Jealous of me, aren't you?

However, no matter the lecture topic. I always seem to come up with these nice revelations about how my life is changing right now. Today, the information I came up with was that I need to learn to never doubt myself or my abilities. There are so many wonderful people out there that can do so much, but they can never be me. In the same light, I can never be them, either. The lyric of today's title is from on of my favorite songs, "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything. Great band, even better song. Feel free to YouTube it, and you are welcome in advance! Haha! 

Anyway, no matter how dry the days are here, we always make it out for a fun evening. After dinner, we went to 7-11 so I could buy some Pringles, Golden Oreos, and you guessed it, Coke Zero. It was a good evening in South Korea. We then met up with our Utah friends, Lyndee and Colten and played Phase 10! It was a fun evening, after a long day. 

Today was also my first experience with the grossest food on the planet. Knowing me, I will try anything. The most interesting things I can think that I have had thus far would be pickled radish and elephant foot. Those things, though? Far better than what I tasted today... and the winner for most disturbing food is.....




A BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM OREO! 
(Pictured here on the right, package on the top left)

I know what you are thinking. Yes, they do make those and no, they aren't good. You might think I am being dramatic when I say the nastiest thing I will ever eat but I am not. It was like, a regular Oreo at first and it slowly morphed into a minty flavor that was quickly covered by a blueberry fruit flavor. Gross, right? I think many people's biggest fears about foreign places are the foods. However, Korean food is incredible! American Blueberry Ice Cream flavored Oreo's however, are not. 

The day ended with a sweet message from my dear friend, Jeremy Madison. It was a nice little video and the Facebook message was titled, "My Gift To You". If you love kids as much as I do, I know you will not be able to resist this little guy! Thanks again, Jeremy for making a dull day bright! What a wonderful friend! Here's the video link for all who want to check it out: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBxFfz4Dko



That's all for me folks! Guys, guess what! It will be a rip-roaring 42 here tomorrow! I cannot wait! Perfect weather for my favorite day of the year. Enjoy your Wednesday! 




Kiyana In Korea

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but blueberry Oreos sound nasty from the get... I love reading your blog & am so happy you were able to take this adventure... I ❤ you & hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!!! ❤❤❤❤❤ Ashley

    ReplyDelete