Monday, February 4, 2013


 Cool, Cool You Guys! 

Hello from Jochiwon! ( I don't think I put a city in my last post. HAHA! Also, a note. If anyone is planning on sending a package please wait until I have an exact address because I think if you mail it here, it will never get to me! I will let you all know when I have that address. Thanks!) 


Today is Monday, February 4th, 2013 and it's currently 4:30 p.m. Today has been such a busy day but such a fun day as well! I woke up at about 8:00 a.m. and was able to Skype with my mom and dad and my family. It was SO incredible to see them! After 50 hours of not being able to talk to your parents, seeing their faces is such a special experience. 

After Skyping, our UCO group met to go exploring the university. It is a wonderful campus and almost makes me wish I was just studying here! Here are some photos:









We also found the Union Building! This was really funny because Union Building was the first word I learned how to read in Korean! Whenever you read the Korean Alphabet, the word Union Building is the same! 


We also made a new friend! We don't know his name, but we thought he was pretty cool! 


We then went and ate our first Korean meal! For lunch today, I had Kimchi (a Korean favorite), Rice Noodles, Fried Squid, Rice, Salad, Peaches, Soup, and Plum Tea. Here's a photo: 


After lunch, we went to explore the city! AKA: Find a supermarket. You never can really tell someone how difficult it is to find a place in a foreign country unless you experience it first hand. This was us today. Finding a Korean Supermarket was almost as difficult as me learning Korean. Haha! However, it was such a great experience! We made some really great friends in the TalK Program along the way! After many questions, and a $5 cab ride, we ended up at HomePlus which is almost a version of a mall and Super Wal-Mart combined. The top two floors held a hair salon, and really nice clothing items. The bottom floor held the Super Wal-Mart stuff (groceries, toiletries, etc.). It was so neat to see what they had compared to what we have in America. Something that was also different was the escalator. It was flat. It was very similar to the things you ride on at the airport (moving sidewalk) but it was at a slant so you could skip from floor to floor! Here is Emilee and our friend, Alex on the escalator: 

After purchasing a Korean Blow Dryer and Flat Iron, Toilet Paper, and Hand Soap we said good-bye to HomePlus and came back to campus. Very cool day! 

Now, we are about to leave to go to the campus convenient store (to look for more Coke Zero, of course!) and then to dinner! We have orientation tonight at 7:30 and I cannot wait to see what they have for us! 

Happy Monday Morning to all in America! 

Kiyana In Korea




2 comments:

  1. Love Korean food so much and it doesn't get better than having Koren food IN KOREA! Looks like you guys are having fun and I am so happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Plum tea was what you were expecting! I know it's your favorite at All About Cha! Looks like you're having a great time and I hope it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete