Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Time After Time

Hello friends and family! 

Wow! I am so in shock at how quickly this week is progressing! It is my last week here, with all of my new friends, in Jochiwon at TaLK Orientation. Friday morning I will be moving with 64 other scholars to my Provincial Orientation in Jeonbuk-do, South Korea! 

This week has been crazy! I cannot believe it is already Tuesday night! Brief re-cap on the week. This week, Monday was our last full day of lectures. Kind of nice, knowing that we could move onto to other things, Practicums! I am excited to begin our real-life teaching experiences and gain knowledge from one another. 

Monday night was quite the entertaining time. For some reason, I decided to let my friends convince me to sign up for the TaLK Scholar Talent Show! There were some incredible acts. Well, and then there was me. 

Before you start all of the "I'm sure you did great!" Just listen to the story. Picture it, well I'll just show you. Here I am, on-stage introducing my talent. The same comedic monologue I performed for Miss UCO in 2011. Yeah, it was cute then... but I definitely should have reviewed that one... and the story goes like this.. 

Here I am, performing:


Lines, lines, lines

More lines, lines, lines. 


And then suddenly, like magic (and in true Kiyana style), I completely forget the only part of the monologue I was sure I remembered. What do I do? Of course, I walk up to the mic and calmly say, "Well this is awkward. I seem to have forgotten the rest of my bit... Well, you all have a good evening!" Then, I just walk off the stage and back to my seat. Embarrassing?  Well, maybe we should ask the guy who came up to me about an hour and a half after the show and said, "Oh look! It's the awkward girl! You're so great!" 

Yeah... it was that awesome I now have acquired a nick name. "Awkward Girl" to the rescue. 

Currently, it is Tuesday night and we just got back from the video blog competition. At Orientation, we have each been broken up into Groups 1-8. Each group is required to make a video blog over the course of Orientation that represents their time at TaLK Orientation. After watching all 8 videos, I was hoping that we would definitely win! AND WE DID! My incredible group had a wonderful video and we won first! We won a pizza party and recognition! Can I just say I haven't been that excited for a pizza party since the fifth grade? It was awesone! Here is my wonderful group! I am so excited to say I have been with these people all throughout Orientation! I know we have created relationships that will stretch long past Korea and I cannot wait to see what all of these people do! 


So thankful for sweet friends, and awesome video editing! 

That's all for now my friends! We have a nice day of Co-Teaching tomorrow! Yippee! 

Enjoy your day! I can tell it's going to be a good one! 



Kiyana in Korea



1 comment: