Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello Hello, 안녕하세요.

Hello from Korea University! This is where I will be staying for the duration of my TaLK Orientation until the 22nd of February! (For Americans, this is the 21st). South Korea is incredible! Last time I posted, I was passing Alaska up the Western side of the U.S.A. I didn't think I had ever seen anything prettier until we flew over Russia. WOW! The Russian Tundra is probably the most beautiful thing a person can ever see. It is white and rocky and incredible! After that, we watched a few more movies and I read the newspaper through my personal screen on the plane. We ate beef tenderloin and had dinner and a movie! 



We then began to fly slightly west and I was slightly confused. Why weren't we just going straight down Russia to get to South Korea? 



Then I realized, North Korea doesn't allow air traffic over it's country. I found this astonishing! It is just insane to think that a country can control air traffic like that. Anyway, I took a photo of the map because it was so interesting to me. You can see that we travel through China and swing back east to through the Yellow Sea to arrive in Incheon. Arriving at Incheon was so interesting. Mostly because it is the first time I have seen night since we left the Oklahoma sunrise on Saturday morning. As I learned on the plane, we were traveling towards the sun so it was never going to set for us. That's right, folks. 26 hours of straight daytime. We arrived at the airport and were so excited we had to capture the moment! 

We then got onto the two and a half hour bus ride to Korea University where we will be until the 22nd. It is snowy and cold and we will be spending a large majority of our day going around and exploring our new home for the next three weeks! 

Thank you for reading! I hope I am not boring you all! I'll leave you with a little something, a view from my dorm room window! 

That's it for me for now, going to bed at 2:23 a.m. on Monday, February 4th! 

Kiyana in Korea




No comments:

Post a Comment