Saturday, February 2, 2013



Leaving On a Jet Plane! 


Wow! Words cannot begin to describe the last 48 hours of my life. I have never felt so loved and so blessed. I am so thankful for all of the kind words, the beautiful gifts, and the tremendous help that have all been given. Thank you to everyone!

All the good stuff being taken care of, we can now get on the most exciting part,

I AM CURRENTLY ON MY PLANE RIDE TO KOREA!

We will go back, just a bit to last night, Friday, February 1, 2013. The majority of the day was spent going around, saying good-bye to others and picking up some last minute items for myself and my students.
Then, Friday night began. It was a whirlwind of visits, packing, tears, happiness, and ice cream. I went to our Leadership Mixer to say my good-byes and then had many visitors waiting for me at home. I was joined by some of my favorite people who were just there as comfort and as a presence that can never be taken. I only began to pack around midnight and those people were great helps in that!
And the waterfall came. As we began our trip to the airport, I kept breaking into this awful, awful sob. Probably one of my most embarrassing moments. Haha! You know when you have a two year old and they cry so hard they make themselves sick? Yeah, that was me at 4:00 a.m. this morning. If you know me at all, I am sure you can definitely see this happening because whenever I don’t get any sleep, it is almost as if the Kraken has truly been unleashed. Embarrassing? Yes.
We then got to the airport, checked in and began our walk through security. It is also so necessary to say thank you to my great friends on this trip. They have put up with tears and silly stories, and I am so appreciative. We left OKC at 6:30 this morning and had a fairly typical flight to LAX.
If you have never been to LAX, you should know it is HUGE and full of Lakers Fans. (This wasn't so easy for a great Thunder fan like me who, of course, is wearing a white NBA Finals shirt.) We got a lot of slack for that one, but I defended my hometown and team well.
We then entered the international terminal and the tears came pouring again. I realized just how much I needed America and most importantly, my family. I began the frantic text messages and calls and made sure to send photos. We then went through security and went to our gate.

So, you might be wondering, where am I now? I am on this INCREDIBLE airline, Asiana. We walk into the flight and first recognize just how huge it is! The plane is beautiful and has so much room. Six of us and sitting together while our sweet friend, Brittney, is in the back with all of the Koreans just trying to make it home. So now, I am flying north, and from the maps we have on our personal screens, I can see that we have just passed Juneau, Alaska at about 30,000 feet. It is a freezing -57 outside and I am so confused at what time it is but at this moment it doesn’t matter because I am having a wonderful time. Each of us has our own personal TV screen. It allows us to watch the map, our route, or movies and shows. What movie do I plan on watching at 30,000 feet? Pitch Perfect. Of course, you now understand why I am having the time of my life. This is just so cool! We also were fed a meal (which none of us knows if it was lunch or dinner since we ate Panda Express at 9:00 a.m.) and Kyla got a Korean favorite, Bibimbop. Bibimbop is a Korean dish where you have beef, veggies, and rice and you blend them together with a spice paste. To Kyla’s surprise, there was also an exceptional amount of octopus in her bowl so she made sure to take that our first.

I am loving the trip so far, and I cannot wait to let you all know when I land in Korea! Nine hours to go!

Again, if you want to chat just leave a comment or message me on Facebook!
Love you guys, thanks for all of your support!

                                                                                                                                                                Kiyana In Korea 

1 comment:

  1. This. is. AWESOME! Keep it coming Kiyana! And thanks for making me CRY AT WORK! I love you!

    ReplyDelete