Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Home is where the heart is"


"Finally! I am here! Gunsan, South Korea! I am here! Oh wait, what do I do now? I think I am going to cry. Yep, here it comes. I am going to cry."

Hello there! As you can imagine, that was about the last 12 hours of my life. 

Finally, I had arrived into my final destination where I would be spending the next five months. Finally! I knew what to do and where I was! Finally, I realized, I have no idea what to do, or anything about where I am. This is when the next few lines come in... 

"Oh wait, what do I do now? 

Literally, yesterday was probably the most stressful day of my life. I moved for the third time in four weeks. I had to go to immigration to get a card that basically says I can actually be here. I found out that my closest friend is about five minutes away. (This isn't too big of a deal but I definitely thought we would all be in the same building.) How do I get on the internet? What if I can't find my friends, and I am all alone for the next five months?! 

Yes, I am aware I was being a bit dramatic but what do you expect? I am now living alone, in a foreign country, and I had about 6 melt-downs yesterday to display that. That's where the "I think I am going to cry." kicks in. Because cry I did. 

Onto better news, I was able to figure out the internet and link up with my friends at the seven story LotteMart (combo pack of Wal-Mart and Target. LOVE this place.) Did I run to them from across the street and cry into their arms? You better believe I did. Although it had only been about three hours since we had last seen one another, I felt as though it had been five years. Funny thing, about time. I felt like the last month has come and gone so quickly. However, sprinting across the street felt like it took ten days.  I had never been so glad to see my friends in my entire time of being in Korea. 

We shopped for a bit, as I continued to melt down. We ended our shopping, went to see Laura's place and thank the lord for good friends. I melted down again and thankfully, Kyla agreed to come stay the night with me. I then didn't feel so alone. 

That brings us to today. I am here, safe and sound in my new one room. It's really nice and I am going to walk around today to become more acquainted with the area. I will be okay here. I know I will. I'll just need to adjust. 

Photos to come, of course! 

Thank you everyone for your love and support. I know I keep saying this journey would be so hard without you but I really mean it. Definitely couldn't quite make it on my own. Here's to a new time in a new place! 




Kiyana In Korea

2 comments:

  1. Hello! from Edmond. I've really enjoyed reading about all the wonderful "adventures" you've been on! Enjoy! Sweet Girl! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Above post created by Sandi Stewart

      Delete